Wednesday, April 30, 2008
San Francisco!
This past weekend I went to San Francisco along with 90+ other Art History students and some parents. It was extremely fun! We went to all the big museums in the city including the de Young, the Legion of Honor, and the MoMA. The Legion was definitely my favorite because they had more works I recognized and knew more about. The de Young was pretty cool too but not as cool, and the MoMA was just plain odd. I'm not a huge fan of modern art. We also visited various cathedrals as well. We went to Grace Cathedral the first day and St. Mary's the second. Both were very cool but I like Grace better because St. Mary's was too modern/contemporary for me. On Sunday we got up bright and early and went to the Glide Memorial church, it was a Methodist service. It was fun but I didn't really like it because it wasn't religious. All they talked about was donating money for the poor and "being the best you can be." The music was really cool though. I felt like I was at a rock concert or something. Then right after Glide we went to Grace and attended the first part of a Lutheran service. This was also a strange experience for me. They walked in singing and twirling incense around. Very strong smelling incense that kind of made me feel sick. I liked what the guy giving the sermon was saying for the most part, but just the way he approached what he wanted to say kind of weirded me out, not really sure why. Both experiences were totally emotional feeling, with no real spirit involved. It made me really glad to be part of the religion I am. :) Then after the two services we went back to the wharf and walked over to Ghirardelli and had a couple sundaes for mom's birthday (between five of us, we had four sundaes, a huge ice cream cone, and a root beer float, we totally pigged out). After Ghirardelli we went back to the hotel and took a nap then went to dinner with the group. Then we went and walked along the wharf and saw some seals and bought mom some birthday jewelry and had her make a wish and blow out a match, cuz that was all we could get. Then later that night mom wanted to stay at the hotel so me, Vic, Joe, and Jake walked to the beach. Along the way we were offered pot and Joe got scared by some homeless man. And we saw two drug busts. Crazy time. So I think that's all I should say cuz this is getting too long! And that's pretty much it anyway! So it was a really fun trip. I love art history! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Mom at the lookout point we drove up to
St. Mary's Cathedral and Mrs. Hughes (the amazing teacher) in front of the Ghiberti doors at Grace Cathedral

2 comments:
It looks like you had fun! I wish I would have done something like that in high school. Love all the pictures! Are you ready for graduation?!
so fun kell!!! I love the pictures too. Glad you had so much fun!
Post a Comment