Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's beginning to feel real!

I had my first official meeting for my study abroad today! I'm SO excited. They told us that out of 82 applicants, they only selected 24, and that we should feel real good about ourselves because our program had more applicants than any other study abroad program for spring. I definitely feel good about myself. In this meeting, they just explained where we would be going, what kinds of things to expect, info for passports and visas, how to pack, possible flight deals, etc. etc. I'm real excited. Did I already say that? I'm going to be living out of a backpack for two months. I was nervous when they were first talking about how that would be easiest and cheapest to do that rather than take a huge suitcase, but now thinking about it, it's the only way to go in Europe! Especially when you are packing up and moving every few days. So now I just have to book my flights there and back! Any ideas for a possible after trip? A few of us were thinking of hitting Spain or Germany for a few days after classes before heading back to the US of A. It is going to be an amazing adventure that I just can't wait for!!!

In other news, I have one day of class left! Praise the Lord! My roommates and I will be throwing a Who-bilation to celebrate along with friends from our ward. Followed by a dance @ the Loft thrown by Club Style, the Salsa Club, and the Black Student Union. Night of partying, right?! Then Friday I'll be hittin' the books. I'm just anxious to get finals over with. It will be a great day next Thursday when I take my last final. I look forward to it.

Life is great! Life is grand! Life is Wonderful!

3 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

you sound happy:) i'm glad you are doing so good. and i'm sooo excited for you and your study abroad program. LOVe you and see you SOON!!!!!!

melforbes said...

You bring joy! I felt my heart start to sing when you shared your true joy. I think part of it is that amazing song "I Heard The Bells" that you shared...it stirs the soul! Go out strong daughter who loves to learn! xo

The Brady Bunch said...

I'm so excited for you Kell!!! That is going to be an AMAZING experience! And I'm totally jealous you're done for the semester...I have finals NEXT week-YUCK! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures when you head to Europe. What a cool honor for you.