A few things that are helping me get through this rough week:
- This marvelous shift in weather. I love that I had to pull out the winter coats.
- This marvelous shift in weather. I love that I had to pull out the winter coats.
- The small group I selected for our next more advanced Club Style routine. They're going to be fabulous.
- Thanksgiving in two weeks from today! I can't wait to go party with the WHOLE fam in Indiana!
- Campus is looking very festive. Christmas trees and lights are everywhere. Joy to the world.
- My ward is going to Music in the Spoken Word this Sunday. I am very much looking forward to it.
- My sudden delight over classical music. I found a list of classical songs my YW leader in high school gave us. My brain has been working a lot better for me since I started listening to this music while I study. I put some of my favorites in my playlist --->
Also, I rediscovered the album I bought when I was in Vienna and we went to see Mozart's Requiem in Karlskirche. I can't stop listening to that either. Still, I think it is one of the most amazing musical performances I've ever been to. It was played on all period instruments and sung by a choir that specializes in Mozart's compositions. I found a clip of it on Youtube:
To see and hear it in the setting of that church was absolutely incredible. The acoustics were amazing. Also I've been thinking about the chamber orchestra concert mom, dad, kait and I went to in the Salzburg fortress. That was awesome. I want to go back. That's it, I'm going back...
- This article brightened up my day yesterday. I knew I loved the abstract expressionist art movement.
- I've been looking at a few internship opportunities for next summer. So far on my list of possibilities:
- The National Gallery in Washington D.C.
- A Sotheby's auction house in NYC
- There are a few galleries in NYC that look interesting
- A gallery in Boston
- The Chicago Institute of Art
- And even one at the National Gallery of Ireland in Dublin!
I think I'll apply for a few. Not sure if I'll get any of them, but I might as well try, right?
Despite all the craziness going on, I'm trying to stay positive and trying to manage my time so as not to get too stressed out. That can be real hard sometimes though and I find my self having little panic moments every now and then. After next Thursday, life will be great, grand, and wonderful again. Until then, I shall be hanging with my friend, 5th floor HBLL.
2 comments:
Darling...so that's where you've been...5th floor of the library. You are a hard one to track down. Can I come if you get an Internship in New York, Boston, and especially Ireland? Oh, maybe Chicago too!?? Hang in there my kellibelli..you're amazing!
ummm... how about an internship in london? or a sotheby's london summer course? come on kell... you won't regret it!
Post a Comment