1. Finals are over. 'nuff said.
2. Despite getting an 80% on a final paper in my Southern Mesoamerican class, I am quite pleased with my self. I wrote that paper in less than a day and it came out 6 pages instead of 10, but my professor thought my comparison of Maya "friendly terminations" and damnatio memoraie of Roman Emperors was "fascinating." Yes, he said fascinating. Accomplished. I feel it. That comparison saved me from a big fat EFFE! ("F" in italian...)
3. Once again, all finals should be like Brother Bott's. His was painless, easy, open note, and I still learned a hecka lot from it. We grade them together in class and then talk about it as we go along. I like that method. Also, I'm going to miss Brother Bott. He is just fantastic.
4. I have really great friends. I'm going to miss them all as they go off to Texas, Idaho, Washington, California, India, etc. etc. for the holidays, but we will party when everyone comes back. And a great and epic party it shall be.
5. I'm going to DisneyWorld tomorrow morning. DisneyWorld! For 9 days! With a side trip to Harry Potter Land! That's right fools, be jealous.
6. Not only do I get to go to DisneyWorld, but it will be with my ENTIRE family! (Minus Bryan. Sorry Dr. Mason, we'll miss you). I LOVE my family and all the time we've been able to spend together these holidays.
7. Other great things are happening that will not be discussed here, but just know they are great and they are happening.
8. I know how to make an infinity scarf. And I'm kind of a pro.
9. Peppermint frosties from Wendys are delicious and a GREAT way to celebrate the end of finals with friends.
10. I don't have to think about ANYTHING except family, fun, and Mickey Mouse for the next two weeks. That just sounds fantastic.
I survived and I'm feeling really great about life! I hope (if you are in school) that finals went well for you as well and that now you can just focus on the happiness of the holidays and not having any real obligations. As the italians say it, cherish "la dolce far niente," the sweetness of doing nothing. I know I will surely be enjoying it.
2 comments:
I'm excited for our epic party. In NYC!!!!
oh my! your birthday celebration in nyc. with the guerilla girls? yes please.
Post a Comment