I have been blessed with some of the greatest friends a gal could have.
I thank all my amazing friends for being there for me when I needed you most.
You know who you are.
To the friend who I called crying, missing so desperately that someone I had tragically lost just months before, and you showed up 5 minutes later with ice cream, a movie, and a shoulder to cry on. And you cried with me. I'll love you forever for that.
To the friend that came into my life at precisely the right moment, and made my life a little brighter than the darkness I had felt I was in. You told me I did the same for you, and that made me feel even happier. It seems like I have known you forever, and I will love you forever.
To the friend who was there when I suffered my first broken heart. I didn't need to say anything, you just knew I needed you. And you knew exactly what to say to ease the pain. And didn't mind me boy bashing your ear off...I couldn't help it...
To the friend that sat in the car with me and talked about missions for over two hours after I told her I was seriously conflicted. You really eased my fears and helped clear up the fog that was holding me back from making the decision, which I know for a fact is the right one. I will forever be grateful for that.
To the friend that I treated horribly after being told you had done something to hurt me, and I didn't even think to come to you to find out the truth because I was so blinded by my infatuation with the one who told me. You took me back as if nothing had happened when I finally talked to you months later. I'm so glad we are back to being the good friends we were before, and thank you for forgiving me.
To the friend who I called after having been flaked on by a substitute for my classes when I was out of town, asking for help, and all you said was, "I have a date, but you sound troubled and like you need me so I can push that back. I'll do it. Because you're my friend." No lie. How great?
To the the friends that love me unconditionally, and forget the stupid things I do in the instant I do them.
To ALL my friends: I love you and am so grateful for you.
On friendship:
A good pal and I were recently talking about our histories with friends, and we have had similar experiences throughout recent years. We both have at some point in our lives decided that we have had good friends, but also bad ones (or not really bad, just not the greatest...). We know what it is like to be let down, and to be in need of a friend and they don't come through. Which is why we have both decided to be the best of friends we can be so as OUR friends never feel that way because of us. I really try to be there for my friends. If a friend called me in need, or even if they didn't call but I still know they need me or something is up, I want to be able to say I did everything I could to be there for them.
Friends come and friends go, but boy am I glad to have known all of those friends that have made an appearance in my life.
To friends!
2 comments:
i'm ever so grateful you are my friend!!! :) love you!
Friends are incredible. I had a roommate just leave from staying with me for two weeks. We just cried when I dropped her off at the airport... it is a bond as strong as family when you have a true friend.
Post a Comment