Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Arrivederci e ci vediamo!

Welp, here we are. This is it. My last night at home. It feels surreal. I have nervous butterflies, but I'm so excited. I report to the MTC tomorrow morning at 12:40. And I'm leaving in 45 minutes to get set apart. Aahhh! Sometimes you just need to yell. But it's a good yell. I can't wait for tomorrow, to get to meet my new companion, get that name tag, realize that I'm really doing this thing... haha.
Thanks to everyone who came to my farewell on Sunday. I was overwhelmed by all the familiar faces I saw and can't believe how nice people are. I love all of you!
I know that this is THE true church on the earth today, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (or as I'll be saying for the next 18 months... La Chiesa di Gesu Cristo dei Santi degli Ultimi Giorni!) I am so grateful for the Atonement, and that because of it we have a chance to return to live with our Father in Heaven. I know that Joseph Smith restored this gospel and that The Father and His Son appeared to him in the Sacred Grove. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a real and true prophet and that he gives us the guidance our Father wants us to have. I love this gospel, and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share it with the people of Italy. I love all of you!!! This is my testimony, and I share it with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Wish me luck! Ready or not...

Follow me during my 18 months at this blog over here: http://sorellaforbesinitalia.blogspot.com/

No comments: