Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An Eventful Couple of Weeks

So these last couple of weeks have been crazy! Between school, pollworker training, Halloween, and everything else going on, I don't think I've had a moment to spare! And now I am sick because of it all! But no worries because everything has been worth the work and stress. :) So, here is the rundown of my past two weeks:
  • My professor in my art history class has totally piled the homework up! By next Wednesday I have to finish my ten page Marxism research paper, which was actually due today but that she said we could have another week, I have to write a memo about not abolishing the visual arts program at BYU (no worries they really aren't it's just the assignment) using the document design guidelines we received in class last week, and I have to write a rough draft of a five page psychoanalysis research paper. Can you say STRESS?!?!?! Hopefully it'll all come together
  • I have an oral exam in Italian on Monday and a big written test on Thursday. Yikes.
  • I had to attend two three hour sessions of training to be a pollworker last week, which included me driving up to Sandy and then West Valley City on Tuesday and Thursday. I then had to go early vote and practice for pollworking at the county building in Salt Lake and then drove up to the cabin (which was a relief rather than a burden :)). I think it is safe to say I am WAY sick of I-15 and driving. And paying for gas. But this driving was all worth the experience I had being a pollworker! Since I was an alternate, I wasn't sure if I was even going to get called in to work, but lo and behold Monday night I got a call from the county saying they needed me in Fort Union. So I reported at 5:30 in the morning to help set up the machines and get everything in for the rush of voters at 7 (people were lining up at 6:15). The people I worked with were pretty much all old grandmas and grandpas and they were really funny and nice. It was so much fun. Unfortunately, my sickness got worse and around 3:30 the old ladies sent me home to get better. But I still really enjoyed the experience and being involved in such a historic election.
  • Halloween! Halloween was great fun. I party hopped with some friends and since I had no idea what to be, I just went with the ever popular gangster. It was awesome, if I do say so myself. We went to IHOP afterwards and were the life of the party for sure. :) Here are some pictures:

Olivia Newton John, Lumberjack, gangster, and 80s chick   
The Gang: Jason, me, Brittany, Rachael, Shanna, and Marc

2 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

Fun Kell! You are keeping busy! You are such a neat girl...I love hearing about your classes and everything that you do. Killer HAlloween costume! Can't wait to see you REALLY SOON!!!! love you!
xoxo tam

Nat said...

You are such a busy girl! I hope you get better from your sickness. I love your Halloween costume. Thanks for updating us on your school life. I love to hear about what you are doing.