It has been a very eventful week!
For starters, I'm so proud of my Cougars for beating Oklahoma last Saturday. You should have seen/heard Provo. It was in a riot! Cops had to come out and shew people to the stadium because of the madness. People were running and screaming and honking their horns up and down the streets for over an hour straight after they won. I filmed a little bit out the window of my apartment. It doesn't even capture the craziness though.
Second, over Labor Day weekend, we decided to head up to the cabin.
Saturday night, after all the rioting and craziness, Kaycie, Leah, and I loaded up in Neil (Kaycie's Four runner) and started the drive up Provo canyon. About a mile or two up the canyon Neil started slowing down and so we pulled over to the side of the road and he wouldn't start. So we called our friend Jamal who came to help us out. We ended up having to call a tow truck and we still have yet to find out the fate of Neil. But dad came and got us, thankfully, and took us up to the cabin. It was a way fun weekend of horseshoes, four-wheeling, moose-siting, Alpine coaster, scary movies, etc. etc. Such a great weekend. I wish I could go to the cabin every weekend.
Then for the biggest event of the week: I crashed my bike. Pretty hard. I'm not really sure how it happened because it happened so fast, but basically I was going up on to the curb so I could cross at the crosswalk and I don't know if I hit a rock or didn't turn the handlebars enough, but before I knew it I was flying off my bike, luckily onto the sidewalk and not into the traffic on my left, and I hit my head/face three times: my helmet broke the initial fall, then I hit my chin, and then right above my right eye. Luckily all that came out of it was some stitches, a big goose egg, some road rash on my arm, and a sore body the next day. I keep thinking about what could have happened if I hadn't been wearing my helmet. It would have been bad. Thank goodness for helmets. WEAR THEM! An ambulance was driving by like two minutes after it happened and they saw me bleeding and stopped to help clean me up, then they called a BYU officer who came and picked me up and drove me to the Health Center where they took me right back to fix me. Eight stitches later, I was going in to get an x-ray on my jaw because it was hurting and a little swollen. After determining there was no broken bones, they just told me to come back in a week to get the stitches out and sent me on my way. Mom had called grandma and grandpa and they were worried so they came down to wait with me and then took me and my bike back to my apartment. It all worked out great. And now I'll have a cool scar with a cool story to go with it. ("What's that scar from?" "Oh, this? I got in a fight with the curb while I was riding my bike. The curb won." haha!) But I'm okay and I'm only a little sore today. I have a hard time chewing because I messed my jaw up pretty bad, but that should be healed in a couple of days. Again, Thank goodness for helmets! WEAR THEM! :)
Now for some pictures of the wound a day later:
I don't know if you can tell, but this is the big goose egg above my right eye. It is WAY small compared to what it was yesterday. And it will turn into a pretty nasty bruise I'm sure.
Then last night Club Style performed at the BYUSA Film Fest. We owned that place, haha kidding. But really... It was way fun. Unfortunately, these are the only pictures I took last night. We look way attractive. I felt pretty thuggin' with my band-aid on my face. And people kept asking if I was trying to be like Nelly. After a while, I started answering "Yes." ba ha. It was a way fun night.
Kayc, you're hot. p.s. I want your hair.
5 comments:
Glad you are okay Kell and that you wore your helmet. Good girl! Thanks to Grams & Granps for coming to the rescue. Good job on your dance night. Keep groovin!
oh yeah,, Remember when you fall off your horse... get back on.
Love ya,
Pops
kell! i'm so glad you are okay and you had your helmet on. i still can't believe you crashed. i miss you and love you. glad you're doing good, and you had way fun at the cabin! i love you seester!
I'm so glad you are okay. Good thing you were wearing a helmet or you'd be toast! I keep meaning to call you, and if I could get my life together with three kids then it would happen. I'm glad you had fun at the cabin. I can't wait to go there in a month. Love you lots.
wow...i am so attractive. haha. LOVE YOU!
Poor Kell, hope you're feeling much better now. SAFETY FIRST!!
Post a Comment