Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A happy happy birthday to my bestest best friend..

This is Kaycie:
She's kind of just my best friend. And Kaycie, on this day of your birth, this post is for you. So listen up!

Dear Kaycie:
You are an amazing person. Club Style is my hero for introducing me to you. My life has changed so much ever since we have become friends. You came just at the right time too. I had had a rough year with roommates and friends and such and you were just the sunshine I needed in my life. I've looked up to you since that first day in Club Style. I knew right away you were going to be someone important to me. We never really hung out a lot through out fall semester, but once we did it was pretty much instant best friends. We found something in common real quick when we realized we both loved baseball. We went to a few BYU baseball games in the spring and came even closer.
I had a heckuva lot of fun when I came to visit you in ATL/Hilton Head. That was some great fun. I knew you were going to be the best friend ever when you called me at the airport and I told you that my flight had been cancelled because of the rain and I was going to have to spend the night in an airport and you said "you are NOT sleeping in an airport. I'm coming back to get you." It was a 45 minute drive one way. You had already driven me there. You came back and took me to your house. And then drove me back again in the morning. Over 4 hours of driving. You have never failed at playing the role of great friend.
I can totally be my self around you, which is always a relief because sometimes I feel people just don't get my sense of humor and it makes things awkward. You not only get it, but you join in with me. :)
Football games, dance parties, movies, late nights, cabin trips, crazy times, girl talk, frozen yogurt trips... oh what fun we have.
I know that you genuinely care. I've never had a friend offer to drop everything and come to my side when I was having a rough time and know they actually meant it and they actually would, except for you. You have no idea how much that meant to me, and still means to me, after needing a good friend to be there for me and to talk to but having only half-hearted attempts or nothing from others.
You are just so great. I admire and look up to you so much. You are such a great example to me in every aspect of your life and I feel blessed to call you my friend. Love you chica! Hope you have a fabulous birthday!!!
Sincerely, me. McKell. Lyn Forbes. :)

4 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

You both are so PRETTY!!!
And she sounds amazing. At the end of your post I said 'I want her as my friend too!'. Glad you have someone so great in your life!!

Ashley Kay said...

you are tender mckell!

KaycieQ said...

oh kell. i surely love you! thank YOU for being so great. you've have been such a great blessing in my life as well! thanks for making my bday so great! MUAH!

Chantel said...

you are so nice for posting this about her! and yes, i did randomly find your blog and then i blog stalked you. :)