Friday, April 30, 2010
Ah, Roma. Il mio amor.
So, I love Rome. It is now my #3 city on list of favorite cities Ive been to (behind Oia and Doolin). P.s. if the punctuation and stuff is a little off on this post, it is because this is an italian keyboard. Very difficult to get used to all the buttons. Anyway, we are now in Rome. But to be brief in stating what we have done so far:Last night after checking into our apartments our professor took us into the city center to help us get oriented. We then went to the Trevi fountain and then the Spanish steps and enjoyed some Gilato. This morning we headed to the Colosseum, Roman forum, the imperial forum, the column of Marcus Aurelius, and the Pantheon. Highlight so far: the Pantheon. AMAZING! I mean, the outside is cool, but when you walk in, the adjective we came up with was "awe-inspiring." It was so cool with the domed roof with the oculus at the center and the coiffured ceiling with the polychroming all over inside. Mmm, I love me some good coiffures and polychroming. But really, amazing. We ate lunch in a cute little restaurant near there and I had a pizza margherita and a Coke Light. It's been a good day. Now we think we are going to head over to San Pietro and the Vatican just to sneak a peek. I'm not sure when I'll be back to this internet place, so I'm sure I'll have a lot to write about next time. I still have yet to find the time and place to upload pictures. If you are on facebook, I put some up there if you want to see some of these things I'm talking about. Love you all! Hope you are just as great as I am. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahhh, that sounds so great. I'm glad you are having fun and traveling the world. Stay safe. We love you!
Post a Comment