Monday, April 26, 2010
I have arrived!
Hello family and friends! I am in the city of Athens, Greece! Last night after I arrived at my hotel I met up with some girls in my group and we got some food and sat in Syntagma Square and people watched. Then we watched the changing of the guard at the Parliament building right there. That was an interesting experience. After a good night's sleep I had a great time on my first day! Today first thing we walked to the Acropolis about 10 minutes from our hotel. That was an awesome sight. I had been there before but they've done a lot of renovating since I was here last and it's looking really great. Loved it. Then we climbed Mars Hill just below the entrance to the Acropolis. That was where Paul preached to the Athenians in Acts. We read the verses from Acts that took place here and that just added to the greatness. I like that I'm here with BYU kids. We're awesome. Or something. Then we went through the Agora which is just below Mars hill. That was like the main civic center in Athens. Very cool. Then we went to the market place and I got some Greek olives and dried apricots and some Pita bread for lunch tomorrow. That was fun going through the open air market. That's one thing I definitely love about Europe. So we're havin' fun so far. I'm going to try to post pictures next time I come into this little internet place. Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Can't wait to see pictures!! I'm glad your flight was able to land in Europe. Have SO much fun!
kell!!! hi! i'm so glad you made it safe!
sounds like you are having so much fun already. can't wait to see pictures. love you!!
p.s. i like FOO for my kung fu spelling...ha! oopsies!
i miss you! but i'm happy you're having fun! love you!!
Post a Comment