So, as you may know, last weekend I ventured on down to Las Vegas for the MWC championship basketball game. It was a super fun trip. Friday night we went and saw the Jabbawockeez show at the Monte Carlo, which was fantastic. We then dressed in our "Jimrwockeez" outfits and went out on the strip to film a little music video. We kind of drew a lot of attention. I got a black eye in an unfortunate car incident where the two people next to me were messing around and one came flying my way, knocking her head into my face. Ouch. I woke up the next morning with some new pretty color under my eye. Some of us in the morning went down to the fitness center and ran into Cecil O. Samuelson, President of BYU. Also some of us saw Jackson Emery and Charles Abouo. Cool. After a brunch at iHop, we went back to the hotel, put on our Jimrwockeez outfits again, and walked to the game. It was madness. And again, we drew a lot of attention. Unfortunately, our seats were way to far up for our Jimrwockeez powers to really work, and we lost horribly. But it was still fun. After the game we went to the Excalibur buffet for a huge dinner. Then we went back to our hotel rooms, took a power nap, and got ready to hit the town. Being in Vegas with this crew this time around was different. This time I was 21, and it's kind of a right of passage in Club Style to go dancing in Vegas when one turns 21. We couldn't get into any clubs without having to pay an outrageous charge, so we wandered around for a bit looking for a good lounge to hang at. They were playing some good music everywhere we went but we settled in at the Koi lounge at the Planet Hollywood hotel. Tyrone and Char, good friends from Club Style in times past who now live in Cali, came down for the party as well. It was so great to see and dance with them again. It had been since last April since I had seen them. Too long. That was a fun night. The next morning we packed up and went to church at the UNLV institute and got on the road. We stopped at the visitor's center of the temple in St. George to say hi to Jonathan's grandparents, but they were nowhere to be found. So we continued up north. It was a great and very successful trip. I have great friends. I'm so glad that we can go on a trip to Vegas and not have to worry that anyone will do anything stupid. They are great people and I'm so glad we've all become super close. We are now in the process of planning a trip to Moab in a few weeks before everyone splits ways for the summer. We like to party. :)
Here are some pictures from the great weekend: (they're a little out of order)
outside the Jabbaz theater

Jonathan is super excited to be in Vegas

in front of the Jabbaz stage

We draw attention wherever we go

Road trip!

Char, Danielle, and I before heading out to go dancing

Outside the stadium. Gorgeous sunset, right?

Our seats in the nosebleeds

All the Jimrwockeez together before the game

The eye the morning after.

The fellaz

Cheeeese!

We partied hard...
No comments:
Post a Comment