Sunday, June 28, 2009

Movies, oh how I love you.

I love movies.
Yes I do.
Probably more than I should.
But who wouldn't love the idea of escaping for just those short 2-3 hours and being part of a whole other world?
I love all kinds of movies.
Romance
Action
Thriller
Drama
They're all so great.
I love it when a movie makes me cry, because that movie did more for me than just entertain for a short time. It moved me. It made me feel something more.
Extreme happiness.
Sadness
Perhaps it brought back memories of a situation I've been in.
Maybe it inspired me.
Movies like this are always put close to the top, if not at the top, of my list of favorites. Movies such as
Braveheart (my all time favorite)
Gladiator
The Last Samurai
La Vita É Bella
La Vie En Rose
The Secret Life of Bees
Hotel Rwanda
And then there are those films that just make you want to fall in love and smile or just get up and dance. Movies such as
Pride and Prejudice
The Notebook
Return to Me
Singin' in the Rain
Calamity Jane
And then there are those that you may not cry in, or you may not get that warm fuzzy feeling, but they are just plain great. Such as
Forrest Gump
Charlotte Gray
Man From Snowy River
V for Vendetta
Blood Diamond
Get Smart
My Fair Lady
In honor of all the great movies out there (because there are so many more than just those that I have listed) I have written this post. And with it (because I think that a huge reason that movies can be so great is because of the music in them), have found songs and quotes from as many great movies as I could find.
The Magic of Movies.
Let's hope they stay magic, inspiring, uplifting, and just plain awesome, and hope they don't sink along with the values of those that tend to make them! :)

My Movie Greats Playlist that you are now hearing:
1. "The Braveheart Theme"
2. The Freedom Speech from Braveheart
3. "Now We are Free" from Gladiator
4. Music from the "Honor Him" scene in Gladiator (I cry every time...)
5. "My name is Gladiator" from Gladiator
6. "Main Title" from The Notebook
7. "I'll Be Seeing You" by Billie Holiday. From the road dancing scene in The Notebook
8. "Top of the World" from Pride and Prejudice
9. "Darcy's Letter" from Pride and Prejudice
10. "Mrs. Darcy" from Pride and Prejudice
11. The theme song of La Vita É Bella
12. Music from The Last Samurai
13. "Singin' in the Rain" by Gene Kelly
14. "Secret Love" by Doris Day in Calamity Jane
15. "Black Hills of Dakota" from Calamity Jane
16. "The Power of Ideas" quote from V for Vendetta
17. "Jessica's Theme" from Man From Snowy River
18. "Non, Je ne Regrette Rien" from La Vie en Rose
19. "Forrest Gump Theme"

2 comments:

Mel said...

I love movies and music too...we must be related! I love your blog.

Tamara Jacobs said...

i love reading about your faves...my favorite all time is THE NOTEBOOK. and i love all the other ones you wrote about too. love ya! i love your blog!