Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A new blog series: I Love... & Part one of I Love...

So I'm starting a new series here on this great thing I call my blog. It is entitled "I love..." and each post will be about a thing I love! So now for part 1!

I Love...
To read!!!
I love in the summers when I can read what ever I want and have time to do it! I've created a summer reading list (which you can see on my side bar) and have already completed two of those books. I'm a little behind. The first book I've read this summer is Water for Elephants. I really liked the theme of it and parts of it were really great, but I don't know if I would really recommend it. There was quite a bit of scandolous-ness in there. But overall I think I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars for the theme and storyline. :)
The second book that I am almost finished with is The Time Traveler's Wife. This book completely blows my mind! The story and idea of it is so creative and I love the main characters. Again, I don't know if I would recommend it though because of quite a bit of that scandalous stuff and several mentions of the 'f' word. But I can't wait for the movie that will be coming out this December! I love love love Rachel McAdams and she is perfect for the title role. So if I were you, don't waste time on the book and wait for the movie. I've posted a preview below. :)







So that's all for this part of my new series...ha ha. Stay tuned for more things that I love! :)

3 comments:

KaycieQ said...

oh my gosh! i saw the trailer for time travelor's wife at the movies and i wanna see it SOOOO bad! plus my friend, stephanie, read the book and LOVED it!!

Linds Forrest said...

You should read My Sisters Keeper. I know you saw the movie :) but the book is so good and I think you'll love it even more seeing the movie.

Tamara Jacobs said...

i LOVE your new theme of things that you love! i want to read the time travelers wife asap! the trailer looks so good. i love rachel mcadams. i am going to read the elephant book too. i am so behind on my reading! this inspired me to get to work:)