Monday, November 16, 2009

Life can be rough.

It's been one of those weeks.
Two jobs.
Five classes.
Two Club Style routines to worry about.
One nasty cold...
All these things are killin' me right about now. Last week was rough and I think my grades may have felt the effects of my nasty cold that definitely contributed to my lack of concentration.
I tried. I did. But it's hard when you have the constant feeling of exhaustion and the want to sleep all the time and the constant feeling that your head is going to explode and sounding like an old man when you breath.
Not to mention getting made fun of by your italian professor as you go to speak in an oral exam and nothing but a squeak comes out for about twenty seconds. (Slightly embarrassing. But just slightly.)
This next week is really daunting considering this fact:
Three weeks left in the semester.
Ah!
I have a major paper due next Monday.
(that determines 1/3 of my grade)
A huge italian test on Friday.
(of which I'm pretty sure I'll understand niente. that means nothing)
A big project due in my marriage and family class.
(that I have yet to begin)
The need to finish the New Testament in three weeks.
(I'm only about 1/3 of the way through)
Music to finalize for my Club Style routine.
(should have picked a song that blends easier...)
But.
On the plus side, I have a few good things to keep me going through the week:
Crawl by Chris Brown and Do You Remember by Jay Sean.
(See the end of my playlist. You'll be obsessed too.)
The new Carrie Underwood album Play On.
(AMAZING)
New Moon on Thursday night.
(Need I say more about that one?)
More money from now working two jobs.
(Holiday season anyone?)
This episode of SNL.
(Taylor Swift was just fabulous)
And. Last. But not least.
I should know my fate for next spring. Finally!
(Was I accepted into my study abroad program? Pray hard.)
I can do it!
At least that's what I keep telling my self.
And so the week begins...

5 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

kell! i had no idea you were so sick! i'm so sorry. it's so hard to do much of anything when you're feelin like crap. hang in there. i'll call you today. good luck with school work, club style, and everything. can't wait to check out those songs, and What?! carrie underwood has a new CD out? where have i been??!!! get to see you in a month!!!! i love you kell!!!talk soon.

melforbes said...

"Fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired that you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round – remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped." James Corbett
Hang in there Kellibell...you are an inspiration to many and we are all cheering for you. I love you and you inspire me! love, mom

The Brady Bunch said...

I'm so sorry your sick :( I hope you're feeling better now. I don't know what it is, but I swear this semester has been harder for me than any other semester...maybe there's something in the air that's making school more frustrating than it needs to be. Hmm...

melforbes said...

Proud of ya bud!
Pops

Linds Forrest said...

Sorry you are sick and life is tough... but girl you're one of the strongest I know!! hang in there. Get yourself a treat and take a half hour for yourself. It will rejuvinate you! Good luck chica!! :)