Thursday, November 5, 2009

This is how we do it.

It's been a while since my last post. And yet it's been quite eventful here in P-Town. Here are a few things that have been occupying my time:

1. Club Style
We've been keeping busy with Club Style while we've been learning lots of new stuff. Things are going great with it. I finished my choreography for one of the dances we'll perform a lot this year. I was going to upload a video but it won't for some reason. Maybe soon. :)
Also, we've decided we want to do a Michael Jackson tribute dance this year! It is going to be crazy awesome and I can't wait. I especially got real excited and pumped after I saw....

2. THIS IS IT
AMAZING! If you haven't seen it yet, get there. Michael Jackson's This is It is unbelievable and I can't even believe some of the things they were planning for his 50 concert sold out show. It would have been unreal. Go see it. It's fabulous. Michael was the man.


5. Thriller
Last Thursday, Courtney, Tara, Kaycie and I went downtown to see Odyssey Dance Theater's "Thriller" at Kingsbury Hall. I think that was maybe the 6th time I've seen it. And it never gets old. Love it. Then we went to the Pie afterwards and had some delicious pizza. It was a way fun night. Kayc and I at the Pie:


4. Halloween
We hit a huge party at Alpine Village that was crazy fun. We all threw on some makeshift costumes and went. And partied hard. I went as a pirate. Kind of. ha. I just wore what I could find, but it ended up working out. :) Here we have the Pirate (the best parts were my socks and boots, but you can't see them in this picture), CRAZY!!!?!, and a thug. We had way fun.

Oh yeah. Look who showed up to dance with us:

MJ is still alive folks. haha. Good times.
5. School
School has been kicking my butt. Lucky, thanks to some long hours spent in the library, I haven't been doing too bad. I got an A- on my art history midterm, which was a huge accomplishment because I was so nervous for it. I wrote a paper for the same class on Robert Campin's Merode Altarpiece, I got an A on an italian oral exam and B+ on an oral presentation in my other italian class, I absolutely love my LDS Marriage and Family class with Professor Brooks, I'm working on my 2nd New Testament exam... Things are great. Let's hope I can keep it up for six more weeks. Since six more weeks is about all I've got left in this semester. Crazy!

6. Applications
I sent in a few applications last week for two things:
  1. Art History Europe study abroad: This program will travel to Europe for Spring term and I would be there studying art for two whole months. Cities we would visit are: Athens, Delphi, Rome, Florence, Pompeii, Ravenna, Venice, Vienna, Bruges, Brussels, Amsterdam, Ghent, London, and Paris. Amazing right? So, pray that I get accepted. I had my interview last Friday and I should know by the end of this month whether or not I get in. Cross your fingers!
  2. A job in the Art History Slide Library: This one happened real fast. My Northern Renaissance professor mentioned they were hiring. I picked up an application. Dropped it off the next day. Got a call 3 days later saying to come in for an interview in 3 days. I went in for my interview. 5 hours later I got a call and I got the job! I'll officially be starting today. Can't wait. Real excited. Love it.
Eventful right? Can't wait to see what's in store for this next week. :)

2 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

kell i love your updates!!!!
congrats on getting that job!
that is soooo awesome!
love your pirate costume.
glad you are doing so good in school...nothing new there:) you are beautiful, i miss you! keep up the good work seester!

AnnDeO said...

Isn't This is It... It. I loved it! And thought of you when you were tiny and getting your groove on like MJ. It's in you Kell.