- To quote my favorite song from "Funny Girl..."
It's been a very eventful couple of weeks. This semester is crazy and I feel like I have no time to live!
Well, that may have been an exaggeration, but you get the idea...
Anyway, Monday we had a birthday party for my dear roommate Miss Courtney. Or as my other roommate Alison likes to call her, California. (She's not used to the cold still...)
We went to the tumbling gym for FHE and then came back and I made a cake! My specialty cake. Skor cake. This cake:

I was quite proud of this cake. Some call it "Better than sex" cake. Is that appropriate to say on a blog? It's just a name. It's not like I'd know if it was better. I call it ignorant bliss. ha! I'm funny.
This cake was a hit. If you ever wanna make it, it's very simple: Chocolate cake mix. Bake the cake. Poke holes in the cake with a wooden spoon. Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over the top, making sure it gets absorbed into the holes. Do the same with some caramel syrup. Frost it with Cool Whip. Sprinkle crushed Skor bars over the top. Drizzle some more caramel syrup over the top. Voila! Yummy cake. It was a fun party we did have for my lovely roommate.
I was bored today and had an hour of time to kill. So what did I do? Oh, just got REALLY excited for my study abroad and decided to put together a collage of all the places I'll be going this spring. P.s. the flights are booked! I'm officially heading out April 24! I can't even express how excited I am. This will be the best, most awesomest, neatest, greatest, once in a lifetime opportunity of a trip. I can't wait for it! If I could leave tomorrow, I probably would.
Okay, no I wouldn't. I've got to work until that time to earn some moo-la to help pay for it. 80 days! The collage:

5 comments:
kell! love this post!
first of all that cake looks sooo yummy! i'm drooling. can i have a piece? :)
and that is sooo cool your flights are booked! you are really going to have the time of your life. that collage is really neat. you should blow it up and frame it. i miss ya sister. love you!
kell. don't leave me! what am i gonna do without you?!? stow away, please? baha. LOVE you!
I LOVE better than sex cake! I make it too. It's sooooo yummy. I might have to make that sometime very soon.
I can't tell you how jealous I am of your study abroad trip. If I didn't have a husband and three kids I would totally meet you in Italy. You will have to take some pictures for me and bring me a souvenir!
Love you.
Whoa.... watch it kid. love the collage, glad you are having fun. How come you don't make cakes at home???
Love ya
Pops
mmm... that cake looks delicious!! Girl study abroad, that is SO RAD!! You have one kickin life!! Cali is good. I don't have to shovel snow and hardly ever wear a coat, so that's pretty cool! If you ever want to visit we have a room for you to stay for FREE! ;) Bring friends. Fun road trip! Anywhoodle... glad you are doing so good.
Post a Comment