Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Midterms.

Mmm, how I love them.
False.
I do not love them.
I despise them.
I have become an expert at cramming because of them.
I now will prepare eight months in advance for my finals because of them.
Oh them...
Today I took my last one. My Northern Baroque Art midterm.
My professor gives us six questions a week and a half before the midterm.
On the day of the midterm she picks two.
We have to choose one.
Then we have an hour and fifteen minutes to show just how well we know that topic.
Including at least six works of art that must be identified by title, artist, and date.
And any extra terms from our list we find applicable.
So fun.
The question I chose to write about today:

Compare and contrast the portraiture of Hals and van Dyck. In this comparison, discuss differences and similarities in terms of style, other incorporated elements, patronage, and particularly the general mood of their portraiture. Be certain to refer to specific examples by each artist. Furthermore, discuss the importance of these two artists for artists of the seventeenth on through the nineteenth centuries.

Not too bad actually. I had a lot to say and I think I did pretty well.
We'll see though...
Anyway, midterms are done with.
Now on my list today:

1. Make lunch
2. Watch One Fine Day while I eat lunch
3. Take a nap
4. Choreograph
5. Homework
6. State Mental Hospital visit
7. Club Style practice
8. Crew Practice

So, here's to the day. And what a gloomy day it is.

But I've got sunshine on this cloudy day because
MIDTERMS ARE OVERRR! Woot.

No comments: