Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Drum roll please.

I have selected a new title! You all had marvelous suggestions and I thank you all for your input. But, after being reminded of one of my favorite quotes, I simply could not pass this title up. And the title I have chosen...
(This is where you drum roll...)
LIVE LIVING.
This expression comes from the book The Art Spirit by the brilliant Robert Henri. Robert Henri was an inspired artist and teacher from the early twentieth century. The Art Spirit is a collection of his words, teachings, and letters and has quite spectacular words of advice not only for artists, but things anyone can apply to every day life. I read this book in my American Art class last semester and most definitely felt inspired by it. I saw it sitting in my pile of books the other night and decided to take a study break to enjoy its words once again. So, the quote I came across again and remembered that I love so much is this one:

"The reason so many artists have lived to great age and have been so young at great age is that to such extent they have lived living, whereas most people live dying."

Awesome right?
Why should we be the "most people" that live dying? I don't know about you, but I would like to be young at an old age.
So here in this blog I will continue to record stories, inspirations, thoughts, commentaries, tidbits, and anything else I find notable that I encounter as I go about living my life to live it.

To you I say, LIVE LIVING!

Because who wants to live dying?

3 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

i LOVE it kell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melforbes said...

Wow! You are amazing....I loved what you wrote and I love the name...it fits! Dad may have got a tear or two when I read it to him. Keep on living live!!

AnnDeO said...

perfect!