Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two Films

This past couple of weeks I found some time to watch two great movies that I highly recommend!
If you are in need of a good laugh, and are a fan of the one and only Dwight Schrute, you MUST see "The Rocker." Hilarious! It's about this drummer for a band in the 80s. His band, Vesuvius, was offered a record deal but were told they had to get rid of the drummer "Fish", so they do. 20 years later, Vesuvius is the biggest band in the world and Fish is still hung up on it. His nephew asks him to be the drummer for his band for a gig at the prom so he agrees. Then it goes on to show how he carried them to the top. It is so so funny. Watch it!

The second film I found totally awesome is "Charlotte Gray". Lately I've become a huge fan of Cate Blanchett. She is definitely one of the best actresses of this day and age. The other day I was reading a list of her movies and this one struck me as something I would love. I've always loved books and movies about WW II.
In this movie Cate Blanchett plays Charlotte Gray, a Scottish woman living in London. She speaks fluent French and has been approached about possibly going undercover in France to help the resistance. When she hears her pilot boyfriend's plane was shot down in France but he made contact saying he was alive, she decides to become an agent and go to France to try and find him. She is placed in a small French town that is in an area of France that has not yet been taken over by the Germans. She meets Julian, the son of a farmer who is also a leader of the resistance. She stays on his father's farm and helps take care of two Jewish children whose parents were arrested. One day she is waiting for a train to Jillais, which is a city that her contact told her her pilot was in. As her train pulls up, loads of Germans unload the train. She then decides to stay and help Julian and the resistance stand up to the Germans. And it goes on and on. I love this movie so so so much! It is definitely now up close to the top on my list. And Cate Blanchett is just amazing. Go rent it! You'll love it. :)

3 comments:

Nat said...

Wow, that Charlotte Gray movie sounds awesome. I am going to go rent it really soon, maybe today! I need a good show to watch and I love WWII too.

melforbes said...

hi girlie Kell...excuse me...it says your post was made at 1:11 AM. Did we not feel like sleeping on this Tuesday night? I'm goint to go get those movies - they sound awesome! Especially the Charlotte Gray...I love war movies too! I love you sister sue...get some sleep!

Linds Forrest said...

I have a lot of movie time coming up and I can't wait to watch this Charolette Gray! If you recommend it, you know its good! :)