Thursday, May 28, 2009

I am forever more a die-hard fan

Of TAYLOR SWIFT!
So Tuesday morning, dad reminds me that I'm going to the Taylor Swift concert that night.
Oh, almost forgot.
You all know me, I'm not the biggest country fan.
And I had only listened to Taylor Swift on the rare occasion that someone showed me one of her new songs that I liked.
So to be honest, I was mediocrely (is that a word?) excited for the concert, not expecting it to be anything fabulous.
BIG MISTAKE
THE BEST CONCERT OF MY LIFE!!!
Can I just say, I love Taylor Swift!
Seriously, I loved everything about that concert.
The set design, her outfits, every one of the songs, the things she said, how she actually walked down the aisle hugging people that were there and just being cute.
Who else does that?!
Pretty sure no one.
I loved it because you could just tell she loved what she was doing. It wasn't just another show for her, it was a party.
And she was pretty funny too. Here are some of the funny things she said:
(while introducing "White Horse):
"As a kid, I read fairytales a lot. And the thing about fairytales is you can always tell who the villain is. They're usually wearing a black cape or something. But then you grow up, and it's not so easy to spot the villain. Like sometimes, he's really nice and he makes you laugh and he has great hair."
(while introducing "Should've Said No"):
"This song is about choices. There are good choices... and there are bad choices. For example, I dated a guy that cheated on me, and he shouldn't have because I write songs."
(And while introducing "Teardrops on My Guitar"):
"There was this guy in one of my classes that sat next to me. And I had a crush on this guy. And this guy would always talk to me...about his girlfriend. He never knew I liked him. Actually he probably knows now..."
Haha! She was funny. Basically, the whole show was kind of a guy-bashing fest and it was so great. Which reminds me of one other thing she said:
"Since this is my first headliner tour, this may be a first impression for many of you. And I just want to clarify, in general, I try to be a nice person! But if you break my heart, or mess with my friends, or do bad things... you may get a song written about you."
Loved it. It kind of made me want to become a songwriter. ha.
I don't know what else to say besides it was THE best concert I have ever been too. And that's being compared to The Fray, John Mayer and Colbie Caillat, Tim and Faith, Reba McEntire even! And oh yeah, Hannah Montana. haha!
Loved every minute of it.
Here are some pictures and a slide show! Unfortunately, my camera is a pile and all the pictures are blurry and crappy. But you get the idea. :)





2 comments:

KaycieQ said...

i'm so jealous! and i even loved her before i went to her concert. wait..i'm not going to her concert. you know what i mean! BAH!

Nat said...

I'm jealous that you got to go to her concert. We are all HUGE Taylor Swift fans at our house- even Bryan likes her. Send me pictures of the concert if you have some. Niah would love them.