To listen to the song click here
What is time?
Is it the autumn leaves that change?
Or the snow that floats from the sky
What is time?
Is it the air we breathe?
Or the wings that teach
The new born bird to fly
Who can tell?
I don’t know
Will we change?
Will we grow?
What is time?
Is it eternity in heaven
Or just a hope for peace on earth?
Where’s the time?
Gone in a blink of an eye
But with every blink
a birth.
We live, we learn, we love
In time
We give, we yearn, we grow
In time
.......
All we have
Is time
This last week or two I've had a lot of time to reflect on the last year and everything that's happened in that time, and while I was reflecting the other day, this song came on. I really got to thinking, what is time? Where does it go? Don't you ever wish we could get it back? Oh the things that happen and change overtime...
This last year has zoomed by so fast. It's hard to believe that everything that has happened in the past year actually happened in just a year.
I completed my freshmen year of college, lived on my own for eight months, voted/worked for the first time in a presidential election, met some amazing people at school that I will be friends with forever, had six people from my graduating class get married or engaged, attended three funerals and knew five people that passed away...
It has been exactly a year today since my grandma Saundra was one of those people. I still remember the phone call I received from Aunt Marsha as clearly as if it was yesterday. I remember the looks on Kaitie and Tam's faces as I told them what I had just been told. I remember how we three were crying by the front door and mom walked in and asked us who called. I remember Preslee standing there watching and wondering what was going on as we all cried and screamed together in shock and disbelief. That was one of the hardest days of my life, to see my family in such despair. The next few days were still hard. I found out who my true friends were. I saw people I hadn't seen in a very long time. My family bonded closer than we ever have been. Since then we still have been blessed with miracles. I'm not sure if I can say I'm grateful for the experience, but I believe that because of it I am a better person and have learned so much. I miss my grandma just about every day still. Some days were pretty hard, but I'm looking to the future because I know that she's not gone forever and that we will meet again. I can't wait for that day. :) Love you forever grandma! xoxo
4 comments:
oh kell, you put it into words so perfectly. i feel like i have learned so much this last year too with grandma's death. a year ago today was one of the worst days of my life, and it was so hard to see our family go through all of it. there have been so many miracles since that day too though. i know grandma is happy. ican't wait to see her again. i love you kell. you are such a beautiful person. i miss you and can't wait to see you in one month!!!!!love you.
Kell ... wow. I'm sorry you all had to go through that. I just want you to know that I love ya!!
Yes, I have learned some things too. I can remember the day so clearly too. In a way I'm glad I was far away so I didn't have to see everyone suffer so much, but in another way I wish I was there to have the support and also to give my love and support to everyone. Grandma was the best. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Love you.
Thanks Kell for sharing your thoughts and memories. Some of those things I didn't even know you experienced and how it all played out...it's like we haven't had the shock wear off enough to talk about the details we remember. One thing she left us all, is that we knew she loved us and we certainly feel a huge void now she is missing. I share your grief and am grateful you honor her memory. mom
Post a Comment