Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Home {Sweet} Home

So I moved home on Thursday, and thus far I've learned it is going to take a lot of adjusting to get used to it after being on my own for so long.
I love seeing the family every day, but it definitely has its downsides, such as:
Pretty sure Colin is 5X the pest he ever was. Things he did today: ran in my room scaring me to death. Twice. Hit me with a pillow. Thrice. And yelled from his bed to see who was home. Forice (four times). + much more.
I'm not so sure how Kaitie feels about me being home... happy? annoyed? angry? It changes a lot.
Mom and dad like to pester me about getting a job. Patience is a virtue parental units. I'll get one after you fix your computer so I can print off the applications I need... love you? :)
I have a curfew. 'nuff said.
Plus side to this story:
I have my big bed to sprawl out on.
Aw, the power of Tivo.
Colin made me an Orange Julius, so I guess all is forgiven. For now...
Food! I actually eat good food now.
I see my family every day. (except for you sisters who live far far away).

Yes, it will take some adjusting. And yes, I may go a little crazy in the meantime. But it's good to be back
There's no place like home. :)

Here are a few pictures of my dorm room while moving out:

Before....
And after... It looks so sad and empty :(


4 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

ha! this post made me laugh hard! you are so funny. it is hard moving home after being on your own, mainly because you can't be the free bird you were used to being:) have fun. i can't wait to move in too for the month of june! p.s. I loved your usage of fourice. ha!

Nat said...

I am cracking up! That is so funny. I was just looking at airfare to SLC and United and American Airlines are having a sale. Maybe you can come see me! Seriously. Let's look into it. Just have fun and enjoy being at home. It doesn't last long. Soon you will wonder where the time went and you will be living far, far, away with little kids like me!! Love you.

Linds Forrest said...

Girl we should do a movie night!! And I feel ya on the moving home, never a bueno situation... except the free food. ha ha. Hope you have a fun summer!!

Kaitlan said...

geeze way to make me feel bad. of course i am happy you are home :)